July 15, 2012

New Life

Finished with Papua, I went for a short holiday to clear my mind and decide what I wanted to do next. I got back home on April 7 and got a call for a job interview the week after.

Thankfully the process went well, and by mid of May, I started my new assignment at an NGO that focuses on agroforestry and land management. I handle a project in Sulawesi, which helps farmers in the South, Southeast and (soon) Gorontalo to improve their livelihoods. 

The office is in Bogor and I currently work in Bogor, but I will be relocated to field office in Makassar by the end of August. I am so grateful, because since long time ago, I’ve been wanting to go to Sulawesi. 

What makes it interesting even more is the fact that my mother is a Sulawesinese. Her parents are mixed of Gorontalo and Manado. She spent her childhood in Makassar and Gorontalo before migrated to Jakarta. So for me this is like getting the chance to dedicate myself to the place that by the person I love the most, was once called home.

No comments:

Post a Comment