July 10, 2011

Les Plages v.1: Base G and Skouw

During my first days in Papua, my boss took me to visit some beaches.
To tell you the truth, I'm not a beach person. I don't surf nor dive.  
But still, I like the feel when my foot step in the soft sand, and always mesmerized by the pretty sky.
So how can I say no?

Our first destination was Base G beach.
Apparently it's near the office, took only 10 minutes by car. 
To get in, you have to pay around 20-50 ribu rupiah / person. Entry charge also applied for your vehicle. 
If you plan to sit back for a little while, there are bungalows to rent. I'm not really sure how much they charge, but my boss said it's approximately 50 ribu rupiah.

Base G heads directly to the Pacific Ocean, gives a pretty view of the sky. Not to mention the white sand and clear blue water that will make you love this place even more. 

One of the most visited beach in Jayapura. 





Next, Skouw Beach 
It was my first weekend in Jayapura. The weather was good and my boss wanted to check the place for surfing (yes, he's a surfer). So we went there. 
Skouw is an area near the border of Papua New Guinea. From Angkasa, it took us around 1.5 hours by car.

To get to the beach, you have to take a turn from the main road, to a small path that leads you to a local village. Then next to village is the pretty beach. 
Since it's not a public beach, there's no charge applied to enter Skouw. 
This place may not as beautiful as Base G (it has black sands rather than white sands and  your view is blocked by stacks of  giant cubes to prevent seawater abrasion) but still it's worth to visit.

Spent some times there reading book and strolling down the beach. 





No comments:

Post a Comment