March 9, 2012

Mulia part 4 (Photos)

I guess one thing that should be grateful about being back home is the internet connection. 
It's fast and stable. And it's relatively cheap.

I can stream youtube whenever I want; I can download podcast and music album without having to wait till the midnight comes (because in Jayapura the speed is only reliable during midnight & dawn); I can enjoy vimeo (previously, I'm not a big fan of it because it streams damn slow in there); I can skype using video-call function without having a 'still' picture of your skype partner appears on the screen for minutes; I can torrent films which before was impossible, and I can upload photos swiftly without having to wait THAT long. 

Thus, being blessed with the abundant connection, I would feel rather crappy if I didn't start to upload photos from the recent months.
So here I present you, the photos of Mulia taken at my last trip there on November 2011. 

Relatives of my office's house owner from another village came to work and fix the foot path around the house. The man would smack large stones using hammer, then the women and kids would help to fetch the pieces and dispose them to the uncovered soils.

I woof your necklaces mama
Pretty young girls wearing sali (traditional skirt)
Health kaders from villages around Mulia gather for session
The subject of the day was about fever and how to use thermometer to measure body temperature
I gave him a lolly and this what I got in return: a piece of sincere smile :)

Hello there little boy. I shook hand with him and he was sooo cute. I feel like biting his chubby cheeks hohoho





"Kaka, tolong foto kami ka?" -  "Sister, do you mind taking our pictures?"
Mulia


"Watch out kids! It's steeeeeeeep!" said moi.  But they just climbed and climbed effortlessly. I'm SO AMAZED.






Au revoir, brave ones. I hope I can see you again someday.

1 comment:

  1. wow sali-nya bagus sekali! pasti susah ya mengucapkan selamat tinggal kepada tana papua.

    ReplyDelete