October 8, 2013

The Come Back

I’ve been abandoning this blog for quite a while. Supposedly, the initial plan was to have this blog updated more frequently this year. That’s sort of my resolution, which has been forgotten, like all the previous ones I’ve made, which is sad. Turned out that keeping commitment on stuff like this isn’t my strength. It takes time, effort and passion which I should’ve known before I even created this blog. 

 When I first thought about making blog, what I have in mind is so that I can practice writing. I’ve never good at it. It isn’t really my passion. I enjoy books and literature, I’m curious with words, I can fall in love with beautiful lines from the film or poetry, but writing is just not my thing. I’m still in the level of consumer, not creator. For me, writing is difficult.  It takes mind and heart and sweat and yes I am not confident that I can do it.

But then over the time I realize that the only way to improve my skill is by keep writing, even if the piece might be trashy and boring. I said to myself that maybe writing is like learning to swim. You just have to  get used to it, feel comfortable with it, and the body will remember. That was the time when I decided to make the blog. During the first two years, I was pretty productive. But now, the year has nearly ended, yet there are only four entries.

So here I am, trying to keep my commitment that once slipped away.


No comments:

Post a Comment