September 27, 2011

Going Home

Couple of months ago, not long after I arrived in Papua, I browsed on Garuda Indonesia and Lion Air websites. I was expecting a good deal for my ‘holiday in Jakarta’ plan on December. 

However, I found no luck. One way Jayapura – Jakarta ticket was 2.4 mio. Return ticks were around 4.8 – 5 mio. 

  After days of consideration (seriously, I spent days of thinking),  I cancelled the plan. I won’t come home until my contract expires –which is by the end of February-.

Last week, in the middle of a lunch break, I decided to browse again. Return ticks for Garuda has increased ridiculously to 5.4 - 5.6 mio. Not a good sign at all. I thought I was meant to spent the new year in Jayapura. 

Then, I opened Lion Air website, and  couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the ticks price were 3.2 mio. I thought I was daydreaming.  I refreshed the page over and over again before I was sure that the 3.2 mio was the nett price.

After that, everything went so quickly. Credit card’s numbers were given. Transaction was confirmed, and my booking was made.

So wait for me on December, o' dear Jakarta!

No comments:

Post a Comment