October 15, 2012

Bantaeng and Bulukumba (Photos)

Bantaeng and Bulukumba are two districts located on the south of Makassar. I visited both places a couple of days ago for business trip. The two places can be reached by public transport (using angkot and bus), but I'd say the most comfortable ways are to rent a car or take travel service. 

If you're a solo traveller, travel service is the best option. There's a Makassar-based company called BMA that serves the route using  air-conned minibus. The trip takes around 4 hours to Bantaeng and another 1 hour from Bantaeng to reach Bulukumba. 
During the voyage, I stayed in Bantaeng but also travelled to Bulukumba several times to visit some villages. The most epic experience I had was to hop in the motorcycle for 4 hours painstaking round trip to a small village called Tugondeng. 

It was horrific, and my butts got numb afterwards.

But somehow, it gets paid off, when on my way home from Tugondeng, I witnessed one of the most beautiful sunset ever. 
:)

The color-coordinated sacks
On the way
We witnessed an accident

Stop by at a local warung 
Coffee?
The most reliable accommodation in Bantaeng. 
The most delicious lunch I had in Bantaeng

Pretty pattern on the wall. Woof it so much
Toha my colleague, acts as FGD facilitator. He's young and good-looking, and is adored by women informants :D
Ferry, another colleague. He's everybody's favorite
Lovely food covers
Horses. Lots of them. Here, horses are more popular than cows
Clove is in the air






Cacao
Attention, lotsa crooks at the river, so for those who bring girls, please be alarmed 
Informants drawing map of their village and watershed area
Horse again

Kampala
Sun rays
Kindergarten at Labbo village

Lost in rubber plantation 
Missus cow, and moi


































Mauve sky, according to my best friend Edo Wallad

No comments:

Post a Comment